domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

Defeat (extra points)

Defeat, it is a word that terrify a lot of people. It is word that stops a lot of people doing a lot of things. No person in this world wants to suffer a defeat. For me defeat can be left behind. It may be difficult to let behind but it requires an effort and if a person is willing to make an effort to succeed defeat doesn’t have to mean such as much as it means. There is no person in this world that hasn’t suffered a defeat in his life. Some of the most successful people in this world have suffered a defeat. The difference between the people that succeed and the people that doesn’t succeed is the willing to make an effort.

For me defeat is a thing that doesn’t worry me. I don’t think there is a reason for a man to stop making his best because of defeat. For me defeat doesn’t mean the end of the world. Defeat may worry me a lot but if I make an effort to succeed it is left behind.

The most recent defeat that I have was that I failed my German exam. The exam is the pass for you to keep advancing in classes. I a person fail the exam he can choose whether to pay a reposition, 150 quetzales, or going back in classes. I didn’t want to talk about the situation with my mother before thinking of it. I don’t think it’s fair to my parents to pay for my German classes and I am losing the exams.

There was another kid that lost the exam too. We asked the teacher what we had to do. She told us that we needed to talk to the director. We don’t feel confident when we talk to the director because he is kind of scary. We go to the director’s office. At first we were very shy when we started talking. The director said to us that we could make the exam whenever we wanted. I was going to say in three weeks but my friend said that we could make it next Saturday. When he said that I was thinking to myself that he has thought it very well, and it is too fast.

The director set the reposition next week. When we get out of the office I said to my friend that it wasn’t the best idea to take the exam next week, because we needed to study a lot. I knew that not only me but my friend have to study a lot.

Between the week I wanted to talk to my friend to ask him how was he studying, because I didn’t have any idea how to begin studying. Unfortunately I didn’t have my friend’s phone number, so I could not call him. I was very worried by the situation and I really wanted to study but as many times I forgot to study.

It was next Saturday and I haven’t studied, my friend that has to make the exam too wasn’t there. I was not going to make my exam that day because I haven’t study. Then my friend came and I ask him if has studied, and he said that he didn’t. So we received the class and went home without making the exam.

Next Saturday I came to my German classes. I haven’t said anything to my mother so my plan was to pay the exam with my money. I went to the cashier to pay the exam. The cashier told me that he couldn’t accept cash, only credit card or in the bank. I couldn’t make the exam and my friend didn’t come. So I have to talk to my mother about the exam.

 I talk to my mother about the situation and I said to her that wanted to continue learning German but it is being difficult to me to advance in class because I find German very hard. My mother asked to me I wanted to make the reposition or going back in class. It is a hard situation because I want to continue learning but sometimes it is better to go back to learn better.

I studied all the week and next week I made the exam. My friend did it do. Today I don’t know yet how I did in that exam, because it was one week ago. The importance of this story is that I don’t worry if I don’t win the exam because if I lose it, it means that I need to study more. So if I lose the exam I will ask the director to take me back in classes to learn more because the point of learning German is not to pass the class but learn.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario