domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

Chepe a special person to me (extra points)

It was March in 2004. I just came home from a tire day of school. I had just win my math exam for which I had studied a lot. My mother came and joined me while I was eating my lunch. I could notice that she was worried and she wanted to tell me something. I was waiting for her to tell why she was worried. I continued watching a movie that I like a lot which is called the last samurai. I liked that movie because I like the samurai philosophy.

The movie has ended. I had just finished eating. I was going upstairs and my mother didn’t tell me why she was worried. I started doing my homework when my mother came to my room. She continued being worried. She showed me a sad smile. She told me that chepe was hit by a car, and he was very bad. But he was alive, the problem is that he was hit in the legs and walking would be even more difficulty.

Chepe is the man who came every single day, riding his bicycle, to clean the neighborhood´s cars to get some money in exchange. He was born with a leg problem and he couldn’t walk normally. It was hard for him to stand in a same place. He also has a daughter who can’t walk too.

Six years before Chepe was cleaning some house’s roof. He was going up in the lather, when the lather starts loosing balance. He felt the he was going to fall so he tried to go down. He made a movement and it make the lather to fall. He hit his head with the floor. My neighbor was walking near the accident and he took Chepe to a hospital.

In 2006 the condominium’s people decided to dismiss the condominium’s guardian because he wasn’t taking care of the job. No one in the neighborhood knew who could be the new guardian.
 I came out of my house to ride bicycle. After a long time of riding my bicycle I was getting tired. I was just going to enter my house and I saw Chepe going up the street. I was very surprised to see him walking. I haven’t seen him in two years. I could notice that it was hard for him to walk. I decided to stay in the street to talk to him. The closer he gets the closer his smile was. I was surprised that with all the things that happened to him couldn’t stop him being happy.

I start talking with him and even when he talks he has a smile on the face. I asked him how was he doing and he told me that he was having a hard time with his family because he spend one and a half years without working and still without job. He also told me that he thinks he was blessed by god to still alive, and he is thankful every day to be alive. I asked him how he was doing with his leg problem. I thought he was going to tell me that he was sad and stressed because it is very difficult for him to walk. He told me that he was happy to be able to walk even that it is hard to get a job, but he was happy.
After a long time of talking I get to my home. My mother was making some calls to look for a new guardian. I told her that I just have a long talk to Chepe, and I ask her if he could be the new guardian. The neighborhood is very calm so we don’t need a tough guardian or some military, so she went running to the street to ask Chepe if he wants to be the guardian. I could see the happiness he has through a big smile in the face. He accepted to be the guardian. He spent  4 years being the guardian but sadly in 2010 he started to be unable to keep working so the condominium has to dismiss him.

Chepe is an important person to me because I consider that he is one of the most inspiring people in the world. Since he was born he had a lot of problems in his life, and I can swear that I have never seen a sad smile in his face. Every time I see him he is with a big smile and laughing.

Actually Chepe is still alive but she is very bad in help and my mother and the neighborhood continues to help him giving him some money.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario