lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Weather, Pacayas's Eruption

It was a Thursday in May in 2010. I was tired after a long day in school I had a lot of home works for next day and I just came back from my soccer classes. I was feeling a little sick. The evening could not be worst. Then it started raining. The noise from the drops hitting the roof was very loud. I didn’t want to do anything that day. A few hours later my sister, the only member of the family that was outside the house, calls my mother. She was a little bit worried, when my mother picked up the call she get worried too. My brother, my father and I knew that my mother was easy to get worried, so we didn’t mind too much of the situation. When the call ended my mother asked us to get outside the house to see what was happening.

I get to the garage. I was very shocked when I saw the car roofs were all cover with a black thing. The noise of the rain was a little strange.  When I got out of the garage I noticed that it wasn’t rain, instead it was something like sand. It is not common to fall sand from heaven so I was very strange. I asked my mother what was happening and she said to me that she had already seen something like that before. It was ashes falling from sky, due to the Pacaya volcano’s eruption. It was very weird because I hadn’t seen anything like that.

My brother said to me that probably the school would be suspended next day. I get excited by the idea because I was feeling a little sick and I was tired and I had a lot of home works. My mother and I passed long time watching news. It was the Pacaya that had just make a big eruption. My mother called a mother from school to ask her about the school, and definitely I was not going to be school next day.

Next day was Friday so it was going to be a long weekend. It rained all day long. This rain was the ones that I don’t like because it was a very hard wind. The trees moved a lot. I could hear the wind from inside the house. It seemed like a hurricane. I asked my mother if she has heard something in the news about the rain, and she said to me that there were some fallen trees in the road. I didn’t go out from the house at all that day because I had a cold. I took advantage of the school suspension to do my home works and to rest a little bit.

It was Saturday and I get out of my house since the volcano eruption. I could see that it was a disaster because the sand has mixed with the water. It was half day and it continues raining. It wasn’t just a breeze. It was a hard rain. I could see a lot of water on the streets; it seemed like a tiny river. At Sunday it continues raining. At that point I started think it couldn’t be just raining, it was a hurricane. My mother star watching news and it was a hurricane called Agatha.

The hurricane and the eruption make school suspend classes a whole week.  The rain has made a huge damage to poor people, because water had taken their homes away. The whole situation was not very nice. Fortunately I have a strong home and nothing happened to it, but I think about the poor people and I feel a little shame. It wasn’t fair to that people, but no one can do something about nature. Nature is very powerful. As it was not going to be school for a week, few teachers upload some work to do to the school web page. I make all the works on Monday to have the rest of the days free.

On Tuesday it wasn’t raining anymore, but anyways there was no school. My mother asked my brother and me, if we could go up to the house´s roof to take the sand away. We both said that we could help so we both go up to the roof and clean it. The sand has an ugly smell that I can remember. It wasn’t easy to clean the roof because the sand was a little wet because of the rain. But we both wanted to help my mother. I spend the rest of these days having a good vacation, because it wasn’t raining anymore and I didn’t have to go to school.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario