lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

Childhood Experience

One of the events that I remember of my childhood was when I went to Coban in 2001. At first I didn’t want to go because I thought it will be very hot, it will be a lot of humidity, and that there would be nothing interesting to do. The day in which my family and I start going there was a very cloudy that, it started to rain, and it was very cold.  At this point I was very mad with my parents because I had an invitation to go to one of my friend’s house to Atitlan. Going to Atitlan at my friend’s house was more interesting that going to Coban. The trip, by car, was up to 7 hours.
After a long trip we finally were there. It was very hot and very sunny. We arrange our things in the room. When we finished in the room we go out of the hotel to visit some places near there. But there wasn’t too much interesting things to do. At night we went to a restaurant for dinner, because we were starving.
Next day we went to ‘Biotopo del Quetzal’. It didn’t sound very interesting. I said to my parents that I didn’t want to go but they forced me to go because they knew I would like it. When we got there I could just see a lot of trees and a dust road. This day was cold and there was a lot of fog. There was some tour guides talking with a group and we listen that it was a very little chance for us to see a quetzal because they are in extension danger. I was very positive with the idea to see a quetzal, but my parents weren’t as much as I was.  There was a high mountain. In our way up in the mountain we saw a lot of animals. I saw with my brother a very strange worm. It was very big, it was orange. I wanted to hold it but my brother said to me that it may be poisonous. So I didn’t even touch it. It didn’t believe it may be poisonous but I didn’t want to risk. We also saw a big variation of bird but unfortunately none of them was a quetzal.  Something I didn’t miss at all is the mosquitoes. After a long way up to the top of the mountain, there was a very impressive sight to a very big forest and there was a water fall. In our way down my brother and I went in a different way that my parents and my sister and we get lost, but we just keep walking down the road and we found my parents. After a long day we had a nice time at the hotel we get into the pool and have dinner.
The following day we went to ´Salto de Chilasco’ there is the biggest waterfall in Central America. It isn’t a usual ecologic trip in which, first you must go up in a mountain. Instead at first you must go down in a mountain so you could see the waterfall. The path down the mountain was very muddy, also there were a lot of mosquitoes. When we get to the waterfall I start thinking that it was worth it even though It had not rain in the days before so the waterfall wasn’t very big, but it was nice.  Our way back wasn’t very nice because this time we had to go up a mountain, we needed to rent some horses because the road was very ugly, I didn’t wanted to but my parents did wanted to rent the horses.
Next day we went to ‘Semuc Champey’, I think it is the most awesome place I have seen I m life. It was amazing. I wasn’t prepared to see a place like that in a place as boring I thought Coban was. The forest in there was very dense. You could only see the sky, trees, and water. The water was very nice, it was totally clear and turquoise. The soil near the water was very slick and my brother fell down but nothing happened to him. We all get into the water it was refreshing because the water was cold and the weather was very hot. We spend a very long time in there. Unfortunately we couldn’t stay there because it started to get cloudy and started to rain. I was very shocked with that experience.
I did like this trip because I was very negative at the beginning but at the end I was very impressed it was very nice.

1 comentario:

  1. ÑAÑAAAA!! yo tambien fui a esos lugares, y me paso lo mismo que a ud!! jaja pense que me iba a aburrir, pero Semuc Champey se pelaaa verdad? <3 que lindo escribe ñaña :) :) :)

    ResponderEliminar